We are using cookies to implement functions like login, shopping cart or language selection for this website. Furthermore we use Google Analytics to create anonymized statistical reports of the usage which creates Cookies too. You will find more information in our privacy policy.
OK, I agree I do not want Google Analytics-Cookies
The International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants



Forgotten password?


Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 16 (2001), No. 4     15. Aug. 2001
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 16 (2001), No. 4  (15.08.2001)

Page 527-536

A Prospective Human Clinical Trial of Endopore Dental Implants in Restoring the Partially Edentulous Maxilla Using Fixed Prostheses
Deporter, Douglas A. / Todescan, Reynaldo / Watson, Philip A. / Pharoah, Michael / Pilliar, Robert M. / Tomlinson, George
This is the first report of a group of 50 partially edentulous patients who received a total of 151 Endopore dental implants in the maxilla. A mean implant length of 8.7 mm was used, and 76.8% of implants were placed in the posterior maxilla. At re-entry, all implants appeared to be osseointegrated and were used to support fixed prostheses. Approximately half of the crowns (57%) in these prostheses were splinted to one another, while the remainder (43%) were not. At the time of this report, the mean functional time was 34.6 months and the cumulative survival rate was 97.3% (4 implants had failed). Analysis of carefully standardized sequential radiographs indicated no significant changes in mean crestal bone levels between baseline and any of the examination times (after 6 months, 1 year, and 2 years in function). There were no detectable correlations between crestal bone loss and the factors implant length (7, 9, or 12 mm); implant diameter (3.5, 4.1, or 5.0 mm); implant position anteriorly or posteriorly in the maxilla; or whether or not the implant-supported crowns were splinted.

Keywords: implant-supported prostheses, partially edentulous maxilla, porous-surfaced dental implant